Got so much skill it’s falling out of your pockets?
We are a kick ass company that specialises in Digital Product and Services and is looking for a UX Designer to help support our growth. We want someone that is hungry for a challenge but can hit the ground running with everything from user research to UI design. The role would be a Full-time, Fixed Term Contract for a contract period of 3-6 months.
What to expect if we work together:
By day you’ll work as part of our team solving design problems, facilitating workshops and creating beautiful products / web applications for our clients to love. At night, well that's yours, but you can usually find us indulging in unhealthy amounts of cheese with classic banter, and we hope you’ll join us.. `
In addition to the cheese eating, we pride ourselves on team work, so it will be essential for you to be able to communicate and work with all parties, including Project Managers, Developers and Company Leads. You must also be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can take and give clear feedback.
Why you want to work with us:
• You will be working with a fabulous design team full of super cool people (Guess who wrote this)
• Our clients are awesome and actually understand the value of good design
• You will be encouraged to grow your skills (Bloom you beautiful flower)
• You will get to work on multiple different types of design projects
• You will be able to do all things UX and UI
• You can enjoy lunchtime table tennis, FIFA tournaments or a trip to the Rose Gardens
• Plus we have a great social atmosphere that will help you continue to grow your network while having a ton of fun!
What we would like to see:
• Fundamental skills in user research, wireframing, prototyping
• You will have had experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
• You have an uncontrollable drive to make things beautiful
• You are a self starter but understand the complexities of design as a service and in a team
• You love people and enjoy working collaboratively with the team, clients and end users.
• You have had experience in developing design concepts for responsive web and applications, or for iOS and Android (if both it’s a bonus!)
• You will have well-developed skills with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
• If you have any HTML or CSS understanding this would be valuable but not essential
• A passion for learning and challenging one’s perspective is also really important
• You’re damn passionate about all things technology and design and just want to build beautiful usable products - with a core focus on the user and business value
• You have a sense of humour - we have a lot of laughs in the office
If you feel that you tick some of these boxes, like how we roll and think you can hang, lets talk!
Note: This contractor role is Auckland based, as you will be working in our Parnell office with the Pixel Fusion team.
Thinking about a career path with Pixel Fusion? Apply now to sit on our ‘virtual bench’, and next time we’re hiring we’ll get hold of you first.