Pixel Fusion is an award-winning team of designers & developers crafting world-class digital products for exciting startups and established enterprise businesses alike. We’re ripping up the rule book and taking a fresh look at every challenge that comes our way. We are passionate about learning and working hard to help our clients, and each other, achieve great outcomes. We also get to work with a variety of interesting people across a broad set of industries. If this sounds like you, keep on reading.
Our team is a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences. We are made up of men, women, parents, university and life educated people, with a range of ages and nationalities. In fact, we currently have 13 nationalities in our team.
We love technology. We love how it can be used, and we love the challenge of finding new and delightful ways to incorporate it into what we do. Everyone at Pixel Fusion is passionate about the opportunity we have to design and develop products that have a positive impact for the people that use them and the businesses we partner with. The development team is paired with an amazingly talented product design team that work together to create exciting and innovative products for our clients.
You’ll be based out of our beautiful office within the old textile mill in Parnell, Auckland. We have a great work environment, with all the amenities you’d usually expect (and maybe a couple you wouldn’t).
As an Agile Project Manager (APM) you are responsible for planning, leading, organising, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. You’ll likely be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods, in a fast-paced environment managing a portfolio of clients across different clients and industries. You may also play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimise the efficiency of the project team
- On Lean projects, often in collaboration with startup founding teams, you’ll play a role in making sure we follow the most efficient way forward towards our current stage’s objectives, supporting the team to think critically, a little scrappy and always lean.
- At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, as the APM you will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach. This means you will ned to have the skills and expertise to blend approaches to suit the needs of each project ranging from start-ups to enterprise.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and cadence while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organise and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Sales support - Works closely with the Business Development team to ensure that customers are assisted and advised properly. Ensures that reliable cost, effort and risk estimates and project plans are produced as required. Supports all sales support activities, advising on the technical and delivery content of bids and sales proposals. Establishes metrics to provide data on performance and help with the continuous improvement of sales support activities.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organisational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Stakeholder relationship management - Supports business change, acting as a primary point of contact for senior stakeholders and facilitating relationships between them. Ensure that stakeholders understand the breadth of services available to them, and promote financial and commercial awareness in order to deliver value-for-money. Oversees monitoring of relationships including lessons learned and appropriate feedback. Initiates improvement in services, products and systems.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Team in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Collaborate with the wider team to define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management and delivery.
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies ideally with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience overseeing multi-functional project teams with 3+ team members including User Experience Designer, Researchers and Developers
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to product development teams and able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to User Experience Researchers and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Strong interpersonal skills including coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/
- Team collaboration software
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and technical individuals at all levels including the executive
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Thinking about a career path with Pixel Fusion? Get in touch with us for a chat and apply now to sit on our ‘virtual bench’, and next time we’re hiring we’ll get hold of you first.
We’d love to see examples of what you have worked on, what role you played and any thoughts you have. We want to get to know you and your journey to see if we can take the next steps on that journey together.