Pixel Fusion is a leading edge digital product studio specialising in lean startup, agile and digital product design and development based in Parnell, Auckland. They're growing at a such a rapid pace there's need for a Project Account Manager to join the delivery team.
As a Pixel Fusion Project Account Manager, you support the successful delivery of our solutions and services to clients whilst building and maintaining strong relationships. You will work closely with the Business Development team to build and maintain client relationships and develop opportunities to manage the end to end implementation of our solutions.
For projects, you are responsible for end to end delivery, including planning, executing, and finalising projects, communicating with internal and client stakeholders and ensuring a successful outcome for Pixel Fusion and our clients. You will manage your projects in accordance with our methodologies and any client-specific requirements.
As an Account Manager, you will serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters. You will negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximise profits with assistance from the Business Development team and our Directors. You will have the opportunity to develop new business with our existing clients and identify areas of improvement to meet sales targets. You will also assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed with support from our Directors.
• Trusted client advisory - understanding client needs, developing and maintaining strong relationships
• Project Management - experience and skills required to manage all project aspects end to end
• People and Solution Leadership - providing guidance and support to team members
• Professional Development - continue to expand your knowledge and share expertise
• Financial Management - managing budgets and forecasts for your projects
To be successful in this role you will require the following competencies:
• Stakeholder relationship management
• Supports business change, acting as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders, facilitating relationships between them. Ensures that stakeholders understand available IT services, and promotes financial and commercial awareness in order to deliver value-for-money. Conducts analysis of demand for services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary investments are made to deliver required services. Oversees monitoring of relationships including lessons learned and appropriate feedback. Initiates improvement in services, products and systems.
• Sales support
• Works closely with the Business Development team to ensure that customers are assisted and advised properly. Ensures that reliable cost, effort and risk estimates and project plans are produced as required. Supports all sales support activities, advising on the technical and delivery content of bids and sales proposals. Establishes metrics to provide data on performance and help with the continuous improvement of sales support activities.
• Quality management
• Initiates the application of appropriate quality management techniques. Initiates improvements to processes by changing approaches and working practices, typically using recognised models. Achieves and maintains compliance against national and international standards, as appropriate. Identifies and plans systematic corrective action to reduce errors and improve the quality of the systems and services, by examination of the root causes of problems.
• Project management
Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, and risk management processes are maintained. Monitors and controls resources, revenue and costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders.
Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately utilised.
• Certified Scrum Master desired.
• Methodologies and Frameworks
• Use of Agile principles and a range of other methodologies and approaches.
• Experience in managing Agile backlogs, Scrum and Kanban boards (JIRA experience advantageous).
• Excellence in using office collaboration software (e.g. Google Docs, Sheets etc.)
Minimum of three years Project Management experience in a similar environment. Demonstrated experience of successfully delivering large, long-term projects with multiple participants, contractors and/or third parties, on time, within budget and to the expected quality standard. Experience managing a variety of complex projects such as: software development, integration, infrastructure and web solutions. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Experience directing and leading more junior team members.